28 March 2008

Postcard: Spring Preview

Strawberry and White Asparagus Salad
Though I suspect the berries and asparagus I got from my local market were hothouse grown, they were a hopeful reflection of all the tulips and daffodils popping up around town, signs that spring really is here. Make sure to peel the bottom half of white asparagus otherwise the stems will be tough. Combine with mixed greens, berries, a simple dressing and a good cracking of black pepper. A sprinkling of goat cheese is nice if you like.

7 comments:

Quinne said...

Hi Mercedes :) We are eating strawberries with lots of hope this week, too - lol! Praying for a plentiful harvest of sweet, sweet berries in the early summer. And enjoying a lovely spring.

Sending hugs and hoping that you have a wonderful weekend! Love,Q

JAYCINISTA said...

looks good.

Sara said...

I have never tried white asparagus, and I don't believe I've actually seen it fresh, I tend to stumble upon it in the jarred section of grocery stores near artichoke hearts. This salad does look wonderful though, maybe I'll give them a whirl!

Dori said...

The salad looks gorgeous!

Maggie M. said...

Asparagus is so good. I'm so glad it's in season and cheap right now! I will have to try this recipe soon :)

Anonymous said...

What a perfect way to add more fruit! I have never tried white asparagus and I am going to the farmer's market to get some this week!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! I love white asparagus...and strawberries for that matter :)